Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Brandon Pirri has had a late December to remember for the Vegas Golden Knights
GLENDALE www.officialavalanche.com , Ariz. (AP) — Brandon Pirri has had a late December to remember for the Vegas Golden Knights.The journeyman forward had a goal and assist in the Golden Knights’ 5-1 win over the Arizona Coyotes on Sunday night, and has five goals as part of his seven points in the six games he’s played for Vegas this season.Pirri failed to register a point in only one of those games. He’s been a regular since Dec. 20.“It’s a lot of fun playing here because everyone’s contributing,” Pirri said. “Things are going good. I’ve always believed in myself and I’m getting the opportunity. When you get the opportunity you have to reward the people that put you in this spot and at the same time I have to reward myself. I put in a lot of work.”Paul Stastny also had a goal and an assist and Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 29 shots for Vegas. Reilly Smith, Cody Eakin and Ryan Carpenter also scored to help Vegas win its third straight and extend its points streak to six games.The Golden Knights have won five of six games against Arizona since Vegas entered the NHL last season.“We played hard, we played quick. We were good with the forecheck, we were good with the puck and we didn’t make a lot of mistakes,” forward Jonathan Marchessault said.A large following of Golden Knights fans made plenty of noise for the visiting team in the most recent installment of the fledgling rivalry, and saw their team take control with three goals in the third period.The third was a short-handed goal from Carpenter, his second goal of the season.Just when the Golden Knights’ first power play ended Colorado Avalanche T-Shirts Authentic , Pirri got a rebound behind the net and backhanded the puck back toward the crease, where Stastny was waiting to stuff it in at 3:35 of the first.Arizona’s Nick Schmaltz appeared to tie at 1 with 8:54 left in the second period, but the goal was reviewed on a coaches’ challenge and overturned for offside.Vegas made it 2-0 with 3:57 to play in the second. Brad Hunt tipped a loose puck in front, and Smith got to it first for a shot that zipped past Darcy Kuemper.Kuemper finished with 33 saves.The Coyotes took advantage of a 5-on-3 power play with two Golden Knights in the penalty box to get their lone goal at the 2:58 mark of the second. Alex Galchenyuk scored, with Oliver Ekman-Larsson getting the assist.Ekman-Larsson reached 312 career points, passing Keith Yandle for the most points in franchise history for a defenseman.Galchenyuk ran his points streak to five games, in which he has totaled seven points.Eakin edged the puck over the goal line at 4:21 of the third for his 12th goal of the season, and Pirri scored on a breakaway less than three minutes later.“I liked the way we played all night, not just the third period Colorado Avalanche Hoodies Authentic ,” Vegas coach Gerard Gallant said.Arizona started the third period on a power play — one of six on the night — but couldn’t produce and fell further behind.A frustrated Coyotes coach Rick Tocchet called his team’s effort an implosion less than 24 hours after Arizona got an overtime win at Anaheim.“Just very casual from a lot of key guys,” Tocchet said. “I just saw a team go totally south on us. You want to be a good NHL hockey team or a player, you’ve got to be consistent. … So maybe we have some players here that just can’t do it regularly and we’re going to have to find some players that will.”NOTES: Coyotes F Brad Richardson missed his third straight game with an illness. … D Kevin Connauton was shaken up in the first period and left the ice, but returned for a shift in the final seconds of the period and stayed in the game. … Vegas F Valentin Zykov, just claimed off waivers on Saturday, was scratched. So was F Tomas Nosek, who missed his first game since Dec. 20. … F Alex Tuch was given a penalty for a check to the head when he drove a shoulder into Arizona’s Nick Cousins, which led to the Coyotes’ power-play goal in the second.UP NEXTVegas: Hosts Los Angeles on Tuesday night.Arizona: Hosts Edmonton on Wednesday night. PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Although he’s diminutive in size, Cam Atkinson plays big in front of the net.Atkinson scored two more goals as part of an eight-point game for Columbus’ top line to lead the Blue Jackets to their third straight victory Colorado Avalanche Hats Authentic , 4-3 over the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday.Listed at 5-foot-8, 179 pounds, Atkins upped his season total to 22 goals. He has scored at least 20 in six straight seasons.“I like scoring goals,” he said.Atkinson netted both from close range, something he said is the key to his prowess.“I score a lot of my goals around the net, and you have to put yourself there,” he said. “I guess good reads, put yourself where you think the puck is going to go and good things happen.”Atkinson notched the first of his two scores with 10:30 left in the second period. Carter Hart made a stellar kick save on Atkinson’s first attempt, but the Blue Jackets star stayed with it and roofed the follow-up shot from the left of the crease.“I heard the crowd going bananas; they went from 100 to zero pretty quickly Custom Colorado Avalanche Jerseys ,” Atkinson said. “He made a great save initially, just stuck with it.”He went to the other side of the goal for his 22nd of the season, finishing a good passing play with Artemi Panarin making a move before finding Scott Harrington, who sent the feed cross-ice to Atkinson.“Just great offensive instincts,” Blue Jackets coach John Tortorella said. “For a smaller guy body size, he’s willing to play in the (scoring) areas.”Panarin had a goal and two assists and Pierre-Luc Dubois added three assists as part of a big night for the Blue Jackets’ top line. They almost lost the opportunity for that success because of some early-game struggles.“That line was brutal their first three shifts,” Tortorella said. “I was thinking about breaking it up. Thank God I didn’t overcoach.”James van Riemsdyk had a goal and an assist and Sean Couturier and Phil Varone netted goals for Philadelphia, which lost its first game since interim coach Scott Gordon replaced the fired Dave Hakstol and the 20-year-old Hart took over the goaltending duties.After stopping 51 of 54 shots in wins over Detroit and Nashville this week, Hart allowed four goals on the first 15 shots he faced and finished with 15 saves. He was trying to become the fourth Flyers goalie to start his career with three straight victories.“Obviously www.officialbluejackets.com , I have to make a couple more saves,” he said. “We didn’t give them much and when they did get some chances, they capitalized.”Sergei Bobrovsky made 34 saves for the Blue Jackets.Columbus, which began Saturday four points behind Washington in second in the Metropolitan Division, outscored the Flyers 3-1 in the second period to take a two-goal advantage into the third.Philadelphia went in front 2-1 on Varone’s first goal in his sixth game since his call-up from the AHL. He finished a rebound 7½ minutes into the second period.But the Blue Jackets tallied the next three.After Atkinson’s two scores, Panarin made it a 4-2 game with 35.6 seconds left in the period when his quick shot after Dubois’ faceoff win beat a screened Hart between the pads.Van Riemsdyk notched his fifth of the season after a scramble in front of the net with 1:10 remaining in regulation to make it a one-goal contest.NOTES: Columbus had killed off 14 straight penalties before Couturier’s power-play tally with 22.3 seconds left in the first period. … The Blue Jackets improved to 3-0 against Philadelphia this season. The teams will play their regular-season finale on Feb. 28 in Columbus. … Bobrovsky improved to 13-3-1 against Philadelphia. … Voracek’s assist on van Riemsdyk’s goal gave him 600 career points.UP NEXTColumbus: At the Devils on Sunday.Philadelphia: Begin a five-game trip at the Rangers on Sunday night.
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)